Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Another Book Report by Ethan

I just finished the book "NIght" by Elie Wiesel, the story of Elie as a child in the concentration camps of World War II.

Elie and his dad were in the concentration camp together. They had death chasing them at every turn, and faced torture and torment, but kept holdig on.

"Night" is haunting. It's dark, and tells of human beings being tortured. I think about people like Elie when I have to run laps. I'm just running a track; Elie was running because the SS men would shoot anyone that slowed their pace. Anytime I face trials I think of Elie Wiesel.

"Night" is depressing. Elie and his dad are always struggling to survive, witnessing thousands of deaths, and being tempted to lie down and sleep for good. Elie is always looking out for his dad, but his dad is beaten by the Nazis and Elie can't do anything about it. The sense of helplesness is unbearable. It's very sad to read because Elie and his dad are always between life and death.

(Note by Ethan's mom - - Ethan has been reading a lot of books about WWII lately. "Night" is more for older people, it is very sad, but it's a great book!)

No comments: